Name of home
Arlington Manor Care Home
Number of hours
31st August 2021
Permanent - Full Time or Part Time
£10.58 per hour
Hallmark Care Homes is a family-run provider of care homes across the UK, we understand the importance of nurturing relationships and so all of our care is centred around family values. We have 20 care homes across the country, filled with innovative facilities and supported by a dedicated care team for a comfortable stay alongside the highest quality care available.
Reporting to the Hospitality Services Manager, the Gardener is responsible for ensuring maintenance of the garden and grounds to high standard.
The Gardener will ensure that the full extent of the grounds and gardens is a high-quality amenity for residents, their relatives and our team.
- Maintain the grounds and gardens as a safe environment through regular maintenance, removal of slip and trip hazards and seasonal gritting.
- Take care of the lawns and planted areas (feeding, spiking, weeding, treating, re-seeding) combined with the regular mowing, trimming of lawn edges and watering.
- Work within a budget provided by the Home Manager, obtaining approval form the Home Manager for all expenditure.
- Engage with the residents to enable then to participate in the gardening activity, with planting and growing vegetates etc.
You will be:
- Outstanding. We are rated by residents, relatives and our communities so highly because of our team.
- Ethical. We do things the right way, and live by our Charter.
- Experienced in working within a gardening environment.
- Compliant to working to COSHH Regulations and the Health & Safety Policies.
You can expect:
- To work with a company that is values driven and sees people as our greatest asset.
- Industry leading training and development coupled with excellent career progression.
- Excellent benefits, including pension, life assurance, and optional healthcare as standard.
- Use of our rewards and discount scheme – Hallmark Rewards.
- Work - Life balance.
To apply for the opportunity, please send your CV to us today.Apply now