Regional Dementia Practitioner
Name of home
Various Locations - South Wales
Number of hours
40 hours per week
30th September 2021
Permanent - Full Time
Hallmark Care Homes is a family-run provider of care homes across the UK, we understand the importance of nurturing relationships and so all of our care is centred around family values. We have 21 care homes across the UK, filled with innovative facilities and supported by a dedicated care team for a comfortable stay alongside the highest quality care available.
Using your knowledge, skills and experience in dementia care to enhance and enrich the lives of people living with dementia in Hallmark care homes by coaching teams to continually develop and embed excellence in dementia care in line with the Hallmark Dementia Strategy, and through the provision of practical, evidence-based, support.
This role will cover all 6 care homes in the South Wales region.
- Support homes to implement and embed the next phase of the Hallmark dementia strategy.
- Conduct annual reviews of standards & quality of dementia care in designated homes.
- Provide practical evidence-based, support and advice for teams in the homes for people living with dementia.
- Support the training and development of Dementia Care Managers in the homes to enable them to train and develop other team members to deliver high quality dementia care.
- Hold a full UK driving licence and have access to your own vehicle.
You will be expected:
- To hold a recognised dementia qualification (L4/5 or higher) or have evidence of study in dementia with a recognised academic body
- To have experience of conducting dementia care mapping observations
- To have extensive experience of working with people living with dementia and their relatives/friends
- To have experience in leading, managing and evaluating projects
- To have a good understanding of current evidence-based practice in dementia care, and psychosocial interventions
- To be outstanding. We are rated by residents, relatives and our communities so highly because of our team.
- To be ethical. We do things the right way and live by our Charter.
You can expect:
- To work with a company that is values-driven and sees people as our greatest asset.
- Industry-leading training and development coupled with excellent career progression.
- Excellent benefits, including pension, life assurance, and optional healthcare as standard.
- Use of our rewards and discount scheme – Hallmark Rewards.
- Work-Life balance.
To apply for the opportunity, please send your CV to us today.Apply now