Name of home
Anya Court Care Home
Number of hours
40 hours per week(5 days a week out of 7)
31st October 2021
Permanent - Full Time
£12.80 per hour
Hallmark Care Homes is a family-run provider of care homes across the UK, we understand the importance of nurturing relationships and so all of our care is centred around family values. We have 20 care homes across the country, filled with innovative facilities and supported by a dedicated care team for a comfortable stay alongside the highest quality care available.
As Second Chef you will have the opportunity to be involved in every aspect of the kitchen management supporting the Head Chef and taking responsibility in their absence. You will support in the planning of menus, motivating and leading the catering team, ensuring the dining experience meets the needs of all our residents, ensuring food standards are kept high, meeting the hospitality standards of Hallmarks Care Home. Co-ordinating all aspects of Kitchen production so that food is prepared to the agreed standards and time deadlines are met. Ordering and supply of stock, training and coaching more junior team members, ensuring all HACCAP and COSHH requirements are met.
We are offering a £2000 joining bonus for this role!
- Assist the Head Chef with all regulatory and statutory requirements are met and company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure that food levels are correct and in line with the budgets to ensure all expenditure targets are met.
- Ensure the catering services and residential dining experience is of the highest standard and quality, liaise with the residents to ensure they are happy with the service delivered in the home.
- Adhere to compliance regulations, and ensure that hygiene standards are achieved and maintained.
You will be:
- Outstanding. We are rated by residents, relatives and our communities so highly because of our team.
- Ethical. We do things the right way, and live by our Charter.
- Qualified in an NVQ Level 3 in Food Hygiene.
- Experienced in a busy kitchen environment, with two years’ in a catering background.
You can expect:
- To work with a company that is values driven and sees people as our greatest asset.
- Industry leading training and development coupled with excellent career progression.
- Excellent benefits, including pension, life assurance, and optional healthcare as standard.
- Use of our rewards and discount scheme – Hallmark Rewards.
- Work - Life balance.
- £2000 joining bonus (50% paid on joining & 50% paid upon completion of probation)
To apply for the opportunity, please send your CV to us today.