Brighton - Maycroft Manor Care Home
Name of home
Maycroft Manor Care Home
Number of hours
32 - 37.5hrs
26th November 2021
Permanent - Full Time
Reporting to the Head Chef and chef team, our Kitchen Assistants are responsible for supporting the Head Chef and chef team to provide high quality of food service within the home.
The Kitchen Assistant will be part of the catering team ensuring the highest standards are achieved to meet the needs to the residents.
All of our food is made from scratch using fresh local ingredients. Our kitchen assistants have the scope to learn baking and cooking skills alongside our skilled chefs. There is veg prep, garnishing, biscuit and cake making, alongside keeping a clean and hygienic environment to work in.
We believe in a work- life balance, and the kitchen assistant shifts are either an early, which is 7am-3pm or a late which is 11am-7pm, with generally working one weekend on, and one weekend off.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the Head Chef/Chefs to ensure the catering services and residential dining experience is of the highest standard and quality.
- Support the catering team in ensuring the nutritional content of the meals provided cater for the dietary needs of all residents.
- Ensure that all regulatory and statutory requirements are met and company policies and procedures are adhered to
- Ensure that the cleaning schedules are maintained according to company policies and procedures.
- Attend all Health and Safety, food hygiene and COSSH training updates as required by the company to ensure that safe practices are adhered to at all times.
- Assist the Head Chef/Chef with meal service to the residents
Health and Safety
- Ensure Health & Safety within the services team, residents and visitors meet the requirements of the Food Safety Manual and Health and Safety Manual
- Ensure regulations and compliance are met and adhered to
- Ensure equipment and environment is safe within the home
- You will be required for this role to potentially lift heavy objects
Hallmark Care Homes are committed to creating COVID-19 safe environments for all residents and team members. As of the 11th November 2021 we are only able to consider those who are fully vaccinated or have an evidenced exemption. If you have not already had a vaccination and do not intend to, unfortunately we will not be able to consider your application at this time.
To apply for the opportunity, please send your CV to us today.Apply now