Hutton - Hutton Care Home
Name of home
Hutton Care Home
Number of hours
30th November 2021
Permanent - Full Time
Hallmark Care Homes is a family-run provider of care homes across the UK, we understand the importance of nurturing relationships and so all of our care is centred around family values. We have 20 care homes across the country, filled with innovative facilities and supported by a dedicated care team for a comfortable stay alongside the highest quality care available.
Reporting to the Head Chef, the Second Chef will be responsible for ensuring a high quality of food service and meal preparation within the care home. The Second chef will work closely with the other service teams ensuring the highest service standards are achieved and will be based at one of the company's newest care homes which comes with the latest up to date modern kitchen equipment.
We are offering a £2000 joining bonus for this role!
- Assist the Head Chef with all regulatory and statutory requirements are met and company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure that food levels are correct and in line with the budgets to ensure all expenditure targets are met.
- Ensure the catering services and residential dining experience is of the highest standard and quality, liaise with the residents to ensure they are happy with the service delivered in the home.
- Adhere to compliance regulations, and ensure that hygiene standards are achieved and maintained.
You will be:
- Outstanding. We are rated by residents, relatives and our communities so highly because of our team.
- Ethical. We do things the right way, and live by our Charter.
- Qualified in an NVQ Level 3 in Food Hygiene.
- Experienced in a busy kitchen environment, with two years’ in a catering background.
You can expect:
- To work with a company that is values driven and sees people as our greatest asset.
- Industry leading training and development coupled with excellent career progression.
- Excellent benefits, including pension, life assurance, and optional healthcare as standard.
- Use of our rewards and discount scheme – Hallmark Rewards.
- Work - Life balance.
Hallmark Care Homes are committed to creating COVID-19 safe environments for all residents and team members. As of the 11th November 2021 we are only able to consider those who are fully vaccinated or have an evidenced exemption. If you have not already had a vaccination and do not intend to, unfortunately we will not be able to consider your application at this time.
To apply for the opportunity, please send your CV to us today.