Wokingham - Alexandra Grange Care Home
Name of home
Alexandra Grange Care Home
Number of hours
40 hours per week
30th November 2021
Permanent - Full Time
Up to £35,000 per annum
Hallmark Care Homes is a family-run provider of care homes across the UK, we understand the importance of nurturing relationships and so all of our care is centred around family values. We have 20 care homes across the country, filled with innovative facilities and supported by a dedicated care team for a comfortable stay alongside the highest quality care available.
The Activities Manager (known internally as Lifestyles Lead) is responsible for ensuring that meaningful, enjoyable, engaging and stimulating activities are planned and implemented in the Home for all residents.
The Lifestyles Lead will motivate and inspire their team members in the Home to be involved with and engaged in the activities for the residents. They will provide reports on the effectiveness of activities and regularly review and refresh the activities for all residents accordingly, and ensure they are in line with the policies and procedures and best practice guidelines for relationship centred care, clinical care and dementia care.
- Develop an innovative seven day a week activity program. The activities will incorporate the Six Dimensions of Wellness; Social Wellness, Physical Wellness, Emotional Wellness, Sense of purpose, Intellectual Wellness and Spiritual Wellness .
- Design the Home’s newsletter that reports on the Home’s events and activities.
- Network in the local community to establish relationships with local businesses to collaborate in future planned activities and build up a volunteer base.
- Ensure there is always sufficient equipment and resources available for the team to engage with the residents, and increase opportunities to create meaningful relationships.
- Ensure all risk assessments are carried out on all activities both inside and outside the home, and ensure safe practices are followed at all times.
You will be:
- Outstanding. We are rated by residents, relatives and our communities so highly because of our team.
- Ethical. We do things the right way, and live by our Charter.
- Experienced with working with the elderly, both living with and without dementia.
- Confident. Building relationships is a huge part of this role, both inside and outside the home.
You can expect:
- To work with a company that is values driven and sees people as our greatest asset.
- Industry leading training and development coupled with excellent career progression.
- Excellent benefits, including pension, life assurance, and optional healthcare as standard.
- Use of our rewards and discount scheme – Hallmark Rewards.
- Work - Life balance.
Hallmark Care Homes are committed to creating COVID-19 safe environments for all residents and team members. As of the 11th November 2021 we are only able to consider those who are fully vaccinated or have an evidenced exemption. If you have not already had a vaccination and do not intend to, unfortunately we will not be able to consider your application at this time.
To apply for the opportunity, please send your CV to us today.Apply now