Job Title: Restaurant / Bar Manager
Hours: Various (37.5 Hours per Week)
Reporting to: General Manager
Base: Santhem Residences Shenfield
Reporting to the General Manager, the Restaurant / Bar Manager is responsible for ensuring high quality of food and beverage service within the Village.
The Restaurant / Bar Manager will lead and manage the food and beverage team working closely with the other service teams ensuring the highest service standards are achieved.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
Leadership and Management
- Overall responsibility for food and beverage services within the village.
- Ensure correct charging/billing of services are made to residents and visitors.
- Support in the recruitment, Induction and training of the food and beverage team; ensuring training targets are met and teams are competent in their roles.
- Plan rota’s and ensure correct team member levels are on shift at any time.
- Responsibility for the supervision, appraisal and performance management of food and beverage team, supporting them to achieve their potential.
- Lead the team to ensure they are all aligned with the Santhem vision and are operating from the Santhem Charter.
- Train, mentor & develop team members.
- Ensure that all regulatory and statutory requirements are met and company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure reporting relating to the catering, are completed accurately and on time.
- Develop good relationships with local and national suppliers.
- Facilitate a clear understanding of Profit & Loss & Gross Profit control.
- Ensure that food and beverage levels are correct and in line with the budgets to ensure all expenditure targets are met.
- Maintain full control of wastage and complimentary services are recorded and made allowance for on management reporting.
- Facilitate stock rotation.
- Ensure any requirements from internal and external audits are actioned within the timescales required.
- Communicate regularly with all Heads of Departments.
- Support the food and beverage team with the stock control of crockery, cutlery and glassware
- Ensure the catering services and dining experience is of the highest standard and quality.
- Promote choice to the residents of the Village with the services we provide.
- Ensure the audits for food and beverage service areas and public areas are completed and fed back to the team
- Liaise with residents to ensure they are happy with the food and beverages being delivered within the village.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure maximum value and service are being provided
- Work closely with the kitchen brigade to ensure quality standards are met.
- Work closely with the General Manager and reception to ensure the successful delivery of events. Co-ordinate and encourage residents to participate in activities and events.
- Special events menu planning and costing.
- Demonstrate an awareness of customer needs and requirements i.e. allergens etc.
- Ensure that requirements of the Food Safety Manual and Health and Safety Manual requirements are met.
- To actively engage with residents in conversation.
Health and Safety
- Overall responsibility for Health & Safety within the food and beverage service team, residents and visitors.
- Adhere to all company policies & procedures and ensure health & safety requirements are always met
- Ensure regulations and compliance are met and adhered to (e.g. date labelling, temperature checks, probe calibration etc.).
- Ensure cleanliness and hygiene standards is achieved and maintained.
- Ensure all deliveries are correctly checked and stored diligently
- Ensure equipment and environment is safe within the village.
- You will be required for this role to potentially lift heavy objects.
- NVQ level 3 in Food Hygiene.
- Minimum of five years catering background
- Minimum of two years’ experience dealing with finance and budgets.
- Experience working within a restaurant environment
- Health & Safety knowledge in a busy working environment
- Proven track record in a hotel, restaurant or care home environment delivering quality services
- Proven track record leading, empowering, supporting and motivating a service team
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Excellent written, non-verbal and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of and competence in Microsoft Office applications and Windows based operating environments – Excel, Word, Outlook, Explorer etc.
- Reliable and punctual
- Able to adapt to change
- Influencing skills
- Listening skills
- Negotiating skills
- Positive attitude
- Flexible approach to working hours – able to work occasionally outside of normal hours.
- Ability to promote a professional image for the company at all times
- Ability to travel to other Villages where needed for training / support