Brighton - Maycroft Manor Care Home
Name of home
Maycroft Manor Care Home
Number of hours
27th May 2022
Permanent - Full Time
JOB TITLE: Lifestyles Assistant
HOURS: 37.5 including weekends
REPORTING TO: Lifestyles Team Leader
BASE: MAYCROFT MANOR
We are looking for an outgoing, energetic and enthusiastic person with experience of planning and running activities and events. We are a large, successful team who provide outstanding activities provision for our residents.
Reporting to the Lifestyles Coordinator / Lifestyles Team Leader the Lifestyles Assistant supports the provision of meaningful, enjoyable, engaging and stimulating activities which are planned, organised, promoted and implemented in the Home for all residents in line with the principles, policies, procedures and best practice guidelines for relationship centred care, clinical care and dementia care.
The Lifestyles Assistant will proactively engage with and support the activities programme in the Home. They will provide support to the Lifestyles Coordinator / Lifestyles Team Leader to ensure other team members and residents know about and are engaged in the activities programme.
|JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES|
- Assist in the delivery of a meaningful, enjoyable, engaging and stimulating activities programme, based on relationship-centred care principles, throughout the home that involves and includes all residents relative to them as individuals
- Support the Lifestyles Coordinator / Lifestyles Team Leader to motivate, inspire and mobilise other activities and care team members in the provision of meaningful, enjoyable, engaging and stimulating activities within the home to support relationship-centered care for residents
- Champion relationship-centered care with all team members in the home to ensure residents are empowered to make, or continue to make, Lifestyles choices relevant and appropriate to them
- Support the Lifestyles Coordinator / Lifestyles Team Leader with the design, development and implementation of the Home’s newsletter that reports on the Home’s events and activities of interest (with photography where appropriate)
- Where appropriate they will ensure records relating to activities are accurate and up to date
- Support the regular review of all activities to assess effectiveness, revising and refreshing activities for all residents as a result
- Support the Lifestyles Coordinator / Lifestyles Team Leader to promote and communicate regarding events, activities and achievements to Sales and Marketing team and, where possible, local media
- Support the building of strong and positive external links within the local community for the Home
- Support the Volunteering and Charities Coordinator at Central Support with volunteering within the Home
- Support the Charities Champion in the Home to ensure charity events organised by or within the Home are successful
- Ensure all regulatory and statutory requirements are met and company policies and procedures are adhered to
- Role model relationship centred care with all team members to empower residents with their lifestyle choices.
- Responsible for ensuring there is always sufficient equipment and resources available for the team to meaningfully engage and occupy residents.
- To actively engage with residents in conversation and meaningful occupation related to their lifestyle choices at a level and pace that values the individual and respects their dignity and communication differences.
- To respond in a timely way to residents who are distressed (calling out, calling for help, knocking or making noises that suggest the need for support) or seek assistance if you feel unable to respond appropriately.
Health and Safety
- Ensure the Lifestyles Coordinator or Lifestyles Team Leader is informed of any incidents, issues or concerns
- Check all appropriate risk assessments have been carried out on all outings and all documentation is complete and recorded
- Check risk assessments related to activities and volunteering are completed within the home and safe working practices are being followed at all times
- Ensure all H&S requirements are met and company policies and procedures relating to H&SD are adhered to